HOW TO PREVENT MISSING CHILDREN IN PUBLIC PLACES
Here are some tips and reminders that we compiled to prevent losing your children when you go to public places.
1. Always brief your children about what you are about to do and where you will go. They may be young but they will understand what you tell them to do.
“I always tell my son where we are going and what we will do there so that I can manage his expectations. For example, I tell him that we will go to the grocery to buy food. He should stay close to mom or dad.” – Elena, mother and entrepreneur
2. Teach them to always follow your instructions.
3. As parents, never leave your children alone or out of your sight.
4. Teach your children to say their full name, address, and your phone numbers. If they cannot talk yet, you can put an identification card on their clothing.
5. Tell them what to do in case they lose sight of you. If you get separated, tell them to approach the staff in the mall so that they can notify the security.
“I tell my daughter to approach the security guard or police when she gets lost and provide them our information so that they can return her to us.” – Sonny, father and banker
6. Do not talk to strangers and do not go with them. Make sure you ask the permission of your mom or dad if you want to go somewhere so that they can accompany you. Never go out alone.
7. If they feel like someone is following them and mommy and daddy are not in sight, go to a place where there are other people and ask for help. Do not hide behind doors, cabinets, or bushes.
8. Scream “Help” in case of emergency.
We hope that you find these tips helpful. Parents should always be vigilant and take good care of their children to avoid these situations.